.......

.......

Tuesday 8 April 2014

Little Maud update...











So here is my van Maud, bought April 2013... you can see more in a previous post here





My old enamel cooker turned out to be a little past it's best so sadly had to be removed... I finally tracked down the same model, a slightly later version through Ebay.. It came all the way from Ireland... hooray... but was 1cm wider... boo hoo so I had to persuade my ex to take apart the pod top, I had to remove the rust again and paint it all up,  then  design a stainless steel piece and get it made to enclose the sides and back of the cooker...  then the gas fittings were all different and had to be changed then it all got put back together this all took months...                                                                                

I find it so frustrating nowadays things that I was easily capable of doing before now with this               blooming spine I can no longer do. ..                                                                                                            








The table is now actually supported so can be used, an extra portable table and my lovely found cool   box tuck neatly underneath.                                                                                                                   

                                                                                         


                                                                                                                     
                                                                                                                   
She has two big round press lights that can be put where ever they are needed ( I do hate florescent lighting and they give me migraines too!)                                                                                                                      





Oh yes a new hanging area, I found some rather fab hooks on Ebay and my glorious map duck trio...       






Close up details of Ducks for EE from whom they were bought...                                                              






She also had a lovely new tinted windscreen put in last week after a long mysterious crack appeared overnight...



But then...



Maud had her MOT today and failed...

She needs a pair of new steering boots fitted... and few other small things...

So I'm selling things again to pay for the work to fix her...

Bang goes any hope of buying a new washing machine anytime soon... the current one floods the kitchen floor every time I use it... which is very, very dull! I may have to phone a friend...

Sorry I've not been around...
I'm not in the best of shape either, had flu for 8 days and my spine is keeping me fairly housebound with migraines and blooming vertigo caused by nerves catching in my neck.... I'm rather fed up...

I just want to have adventures with Maud, make my own clothes, grow my own food and well just do normal things that most take for granted really but my life has been far from normal for 10 years for now I'd settle for being pain free and not having vertigo...


Thank God that Spring is here... I have a garden full of natural beauty and a pond full of tadpoles...

Thanks for popping by...

Smiles Cass x






12 comments:

  1. I love your campervan. I used to have one many years ago but sadly no longer. Sorry you've not been doing too great but nice to see you out in blog land again x

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving those ducks xx
    ps hoping/wishing/thinking/sending kind thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ducks are looking good...hope they'll be going places soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maude's looking good, shame about the tires (when it rains it pours) hope you can get out in the sun in your garden soon, take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Maud looks lovely, my favourite colour too! Sorry to hear that she failed her MOT and is going to be expensive. Hope you will soon be in better shape, poor you. Glad you too have lots of tadpoles and the plant is growing! Take care. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you've been feeling rubbish. Maud looks like something that could cheer anyone up - she's absolutely gorgeous. I'm very envious! It's allways been one of my dreams to do up a camper van. Hope you feel better soon. I do understand about chronic pain and unless you're a fellow sufferer it's very difficult to empathise properly. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Em, I could no longer manage to get in and out of a car so a van with a portable bed seemed the only sensible answer... and yes I think you are right sadly... Cx

      Delete

Thanks for popping by...
It is always lovely to receive a comment from you... smiles Cass x